A Warehouse Management System (WMS), such as VISIBILITY’s, offers a sophisticated solution for recording inventory locations, movements, and labor in real-time from a handheld device on the shop floor. In today’s world, manufacturing companies must operate flawlessly to achieve maximum productivity and to keep up with the competition.
Here are the top 5 reasons your manufacturing company should invest in WMS:
- Real Time Inventory Management. A manufacturing company often requires monitoring from both shop floor and office environments. WMS links the shop floor to the rest of your company’s ERP system providing a snapshot of your performance in real time without having to wait to for shop floor employees to enter in manual data.
- Improved Employee Efficiency. With WMS, shop floor workers can get more done in less time because they don’t have to waste time looking at paperwork or entering transactions manually. They can simply scan a bar code using a handheld device on the shop floor and then get to work.
- Increase Employee Accuracy. WMS reduces human error by eliminating the need for data to be manually entered into the system. Instead, shop floor workers can simply use a handheld device to scan bar codes on the shop floor to enter transactions into the system in real time.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction. With the reduction in human error comes reduced errors in product shipments to customers, which of course increases your customer's satisfaction level.
- Compliant with Customer Requirements. In a world where regulatory requirements are becoming more and more common, many of manufacturing companies may require their shop floor to have a WMS to comply with regulatory requirements. We serve many manufacturers who are contracted by the U.S. government so they are subject to strict regulatory requirements and WMS is a great way to monitor warehouse operations with the highest degree of accuracy.
Interested in learning more about WMS? Click here to visit our Mobility Page to learn more. We also have an WMS eBook that will walk you through the features and benefits of our WMS solution. Click on the button below to download the free eBook.