If you want to truly understand something, try to change it. ~Kurt Lewin
Not everybody likes Change. Often with Change come uncertainty, extra effort, and Fear! Change that results from the adoption of new technology is common in most organizations and while it can be disruptive at first, ultimately the Change tends to increase productivity and service. With regards to the adoption of the new ISO Standard 9001:2015, companies will mostly likely face the same challenges but the results are worth the effort.
ISO 9001 is undergoing a significant revision, complete with a new structure, new numbering scheme, new requirements, and the removal of some requirements. While still in the drafting stage (September 2015 – Target date for publication ISO 9001:2015, this latest revision takes into account the vast changes in technology, business diversity and global commerce (which the ISO 9000 family and its spin-offs were created to support).
What are the goals of the New Revision?
- Account for changes in quality management systems practices and technology.
- Facilitate efficient and effective implementation of quality management systems, and streamlining the conformity assessment process.
- Make it easier for compatibility and alignment with other ISO management systems standards such as ISO 14001 (environmental) and/or standards such as AS9100.
- Emphasize the requirements of the complex, demanding, and dynamic environments in which organizations operate.
- Simplify the language of the standard so it is more lucid.
Section Changes In ISO 9001:2015
Change is a time to Reflect
The revised ISO standard offers an opportunity for improved operations and efficiency of processes. Do you have the right people and resources in place? Are you still doing business the same way you did 10 years ago? Are you running a “manual” automated process that is linked to employees’ tribal knowledge? If the answer to these questions is yes – Visibility is the solution for you. Visibility is a fully integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution that can help automate complex processes while simultaneously increase organizational productivity, as well as optimize system infra structure for profitable business growth. Don’t fear Change – Change provides you with incentive to adapt, grow, and improve. Change is the opportunity you've been looking for and Visibility can make it happen!
To learn how Visibility helps companies with Compliancy, Quality, and Best Practices click here.