To ERP or not to ERP, that is the question.
Believe it or not, there are still many good sized well established manufacturing companies that have not implemented a true Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Many of these organizations are running their businesses using spreadsheets. While spreadsheets are valuable in many situations, they do not carry the value of a fully integrated ERP solution. These companies often say they want to purchase and implement ERP; however, they are too busy or they believe it will be too costly.
The benefits of using an ERP system and payback of implementing ERP significantly outweigh the investment of time and money. Several Visibility clients believe that through gains in business efficiencies they have achieved a 1% or more improvement in Cost of Sales and Expense reduction through the use of VISIBILITY ERP. This means substantial financial improvements in Operating Profit and often times the ERP investment can be paid off in just 1 year.
Our clients who migrated from a spreadsheet based system to our integrated ERP have benefited in many ways including:
- Improved Enterprise-wide decision making – a single set of data, information access effectiveness is realized with easy to use and extensive drill through capabilities.
- Extended business communications – collaboration among departments, customers and suppliers is dramatically enhanced with document sharing, communication capture and ability to distribute selected information electronically for internal and external users.
- Compliance – system auditability supports strict standards.
- Workflow – business processes can be set passively or actively to provide alerts and to optimize the efficiencies of conducting business.
- Global capabilities expanded – whether needed today or in the future the system enables your business to operate in multiple languages and currencies.
Want to learn more about how Visibility’s ERP solution has helped our clients to gain efficiencies and become more profitable? Click here to contact our sales team.